1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I finally got my new chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Barnyard Dawg, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    I got back from vacation Thursday morning so I have been real busy bought all my seeds for my garden and was ready to plant but today's rain wouldn't allow that. I did get my new chicks, which will be added to my existing flock. I got 1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Orpingtons, 1 Ameraucana, and 1 Delaware. I currently have 2 each RIR’s, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 black Sex-Links and a Brown and White Leghorn now for a grand total of 15 chickens.

[​IMG]

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Awww, they are a good lookin little bunch of chickies.
    We have had most of those breeds, too, except for the brown leghorn. I have two white leghorns and holy cow do they lay....day....after day.....after day...... big white eggs.
    My Ameraucanas were quite the rascals in their younger years. Always sneaking off to the neighbor's barn to hide some eggs.

We got a good rain today, didnt we?
    The news has been saying that it was gonna rain since last week and nothing until today for us.
    I hope that it softened up the ground a little so we can rototill on Monday.

chel
    SF Bay area

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by