I finally got one of my turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by arllcountrygirl, Nov 15, 2008.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

[​IMG] I have been looking for Narrangansett turkeys for some time now. I got a tom today [​IMG] So now I have to find a hen. [​IMG]

We also have a pair of Standard Bronze and will have hatching eggs come spring. [​IMG]

2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    congratulations

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Congrats! How old is he?

4. arllcountrygirl

Thanks [​IMG]
    He is about 5 months old. I will post pics later.

5. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    I have a couple Narragansett hens for sale...wish we were closer..... [​IMG] Congrats on your tom. Hope you find her soon.

6. arllcountrygirl

Just my luck [​IMG]

Thanks

7. arllcountrygirl

Here is a quick pic of Gibbs, my Narris.
    [​IMG]

8. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:We just started with a small flock of Standard Bronze this year, we have 3 toms and 6 hens, they are about 6 months old now, very curious and people friendly they are, when you go to feed them they are sticking their heads in the feed bucket, up in your face looking at you. Can't wait to see them full grown, right now they are about 8 inches taller than our Bourbon Reds and they still have some more growing to do.

Steve in NC

9. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats! soooo pretty

10. arllcountrygirl

Quote:We just started with a small flock of Standard Bronze this year, we have 3 toms and 6 hens, they are about 6 months old now, very curious and people friendly they are, when you go to feed them they are sticking their heads in the feed bucket, up in your face looking at you. Can't wait to see them full grown, right now they are about 8 inches taller than our Bourbon Reds and they still have some more growing to do.

Steve in NC

Yes, I have a pair of SB - the tom isn't that friendly, but they hen, Ziva, will drive you nuts. Always looking for an extra handout and always has her head the bucket. [​IMG] I love her, she is so sweet.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by