i finally got one!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Jul 2, 2008.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    finally, the first egg! my daughter almost had a heart attack.

[​IMG]

so, prolly not exciting to some, but let me tell you, you'd think God, the President and the Beatles all showed up!

2. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    heck i bought laying hens so i could have eggs cause i was tired of waiting for mine to and it was still exciting! i think everyone is excited about the first one. i'm always excited when i find eggs, first one or the 68th, that chicken just gave me food! congrats!

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    thanks! no kidding! free food! now if we could only get chickens to make gas that can run our cars:lol:

4. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Would you please show me what is hanging above your daughters head! She's beautiful....but let me see that there hanging contraption...and congrats on the egg! [​IMG]

5. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Congrats!!!! First eggs are something to crow about. As Penelope said, "first one or the 68th", I am always thrilled to gather eggs.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Parsons Wife...walking out to take picture of the chicken hanging over her head...brb....
    rhandi-jayne

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    here it is...the hanging chicken thingamabob...

[​IMG]

8. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Congrats on the produce production that will be the best tasting egg ever..[​IMG] We got our 1st 5 days ago and have gotten 3 more since and I believe the same hen was laying another this morning when I left for the office.[​IMG] I sure hope the other 3 hens start after her led. Looking forward to our 1st home grown omlet [​IMG]

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    i hear ya! i was about to put frying pans or KFC buckets out to let them know there was ANOTHER option!!!

hope the other's seriously get the clue...i've got three kids and husband who are always hungry...c'mon little girls...squeeze the gold!

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    don't think i haven't been checking like all day now after she found the first one!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by