I finally got to order!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, Feb 5, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ordered from Ideal today. 12 standard brahma pullets, 4 of each color; buff, light, and dark. One standard brahma roo, buff; for a total of 13 chicks. Thirteen is my lucky number [​IMG]
    Oh and there's also a black jersey giant pullet riding along in the order for a BYC friend [​IMG] . They're being shipped April 9th. Now double dog dare me to call back and add to my order between now and April.

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'm fighting that same urge gritsar. My order is coming in April from Ideal as well and I have 28 birds coming. DW already wants me to add ducks. I simply have too much time between now and then.[​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:How funny! I decided NOT to order ducks because I don't want my darling SO to have a flying monkey fit!

Here's an idea...find a nice stuffed duck to give your DW for V-day and tell her it'll have to do until April when her baby ducks arrive, then call Ideal back and order them! Just a suggestion [​IMG]

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I ordered from Ideal back in early January. They are scheduled to ship February 27th. I emailed them two weeks ago and added a couple more chicks and then emailed them last night and added 3 ducks.

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I think that is why ideal makes you wait so long!
    When ever I order from them I have always called back!

My order of 33 is being shipped tomorrow ((started out for 18 then went to 28 than 33))

6. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Yep, I can't wait to get my Jersey Giant girl!
    Thanks Gritsar!

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    I can relate. Could it be the weather or cabin fever? I too have two orders in progress; one from McMurray and one from Ideal. Thanks to them not having billed me yet, the two orders combined has now reached 56 baby chicks coming within the next two weeks.

Gotta stay off the phone! Almost wish both of them would refuse to change my orders. lol

Can't wait to see the new additions to the flock. [​IMG]

8. GockeyEgg

GockeyEgg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    I hear you. My order is set to ship out on the 27th also and I've added to it once. I had no idea you could add things via email. I am skert to call people on the phone. This information could be very valuable....and very dangerous.

Off to the Ideal website...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  9. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Yes, we ordered from Mcmurray and i can't wait!!!

I am getting some btwjb, blrw, and rainbow layers. Oh and I ordered some phoenixes for my Aunt [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:How funny! I decided NOT to order ducks because I don't want my darling SO to have a flying monkey fit!

Here's an idea...find a nice stuffed duck to give your DW for V-day and tell her it'll have to do until April when her baby ducks arrive, then call Ideal back and order them! Just a suggestion [​IMG]

I should do that. I am in a stock dog club and volunteered to keep the club's ducks for herding. The club doesn't have any ducks yet but someone found some adult ones to bring us in the spring. I'll have to surprise dw by ordering the day-olds she wants and add them to the group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by