I finally have a pip! Update Finally Here!! * Pictures added *

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvzmybabz, Jan 25, 2008.

1. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    I am being positive and hoping for girly zipping. She is eaither RIR X BR or RIR X Blue Cochin or RIR X Spash Cochin. THing is when I candled Wednesday to put in hatcher the air sac was no where close to where the pip is can this cause trouble with drowning? If so is there anything I can do?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    OMWord! We have a pip this morning and it is at the other end too! [​IMG] What are the odds of this happening and on the same day as you??? I have never had one pip at the other end. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    i hope she hurrys up I am about to go back to bed just so I can watch her, and I can not spend all day in bed. Well I can but.................

4. Pinenot

Sep 11, 2007
    How are the eggs doing????

5. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    nothing yet it has been 11 hours since the pip and I am starting to worry

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Don't worry, I've had chicks been a pip for 24 + hours. Start to worry on day 22, or 24 hours after a pip.

7. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    well I waited 32 hours from first pip HE had pipped about 1/8 of an inch square off in the last 12 hours well before I went to take SIL to work I took that one piece off took her into town and back about 40 minutes and when I got home he had zipped about 1/2 the way and within 45 minutes he was born with my 2 older boys sitting on the bed behind me watching through the side window I put it before this hatch. I say HE because this barely born chick has more comb then my ideal chicks had at 2 weeks I will keep track and let you all know if I am wrong but I am not thinking so. Still trying to figure out Whose the daddy? looks like it may be the barred rock from where I got him from this was one of her first eggs laid here and it sure done look cochin ( my only roosters) and mom is RIR. So a mutt but sure is pretty. My son was trying to think of a name for him and saw a package of champagne crackers and wants to name him "cracker" I got these birds on the 19th of December this egg was laid on the 5th or 6th of Janurary I had seen at least one of my roosters mate her before this so what chances or it being the previous roo?

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Low chance of previous roo, although hen can carry that roo's sperm for up to about 3 weeks. Usually last in is first out with the birds.

9. Pinenot

Sep 11, 2007
    Finally! That is great!!! PIC!!!

10. luvzmybabz

Oct 11, 2007
    Here are the pics one from the top and 2 from the side window sorry about blurry but side window is plexiglass it is so cute I will tap on the glass and he will stumble over and give me this why are you out there and me in here look I put a stuffed frog in there hoping he will quite down just a little before hubby gets home or the hatcher will have to be moved before I put the next set of eggs inas it sits about 3 feet from my side of our bed. After him fluffing out a bit he is more of a blue cochin look has tiny white on his wing tips and his breast, and his feet are feathered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by