I finally have a silkie that hatched pics

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
It has been a long 22 days and the little guy just popped out. I dont think the other 5 are going to do any thing but i will leave them for a nother day or 2. Is it okay to candle at this point to see what they are doing. Here he or she is. I think is is a buff color. I'll post a pic when he is dry and fluffy. Oh i counted 5 toes on each foot.

chickens001.jpg

chickens002-1.jpg

Ohhh, lookie lookie! What a beautifull baby! I cant waite to see it all fluffed up. At this point, I would waite to open the bator to candle. It would throw off the rest of the hatch. Waite 24 hrs, to take the wee one out, then candle..if needed. My guess is, once this one starts to peep peep peep, the others will want to come out to play too! Good luck on the rest!

Since that one just hatched, I would not open the bator for another 24 hours to give the others a chance. Very cute...good luck with the rest of the eggs.

Jody

The little yellow one is 24 hours old. I have a MF d'uccle hen and there was 2 roos in with her, a oeg mf and a porcillin banty feather foot. Only time will tell what he is. One more of her eggs has pipped but no more of the silkies have.

Back
Top Bottom