I finally took the leap!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cub, Mar 11, 2009.

1. cub

cub In the Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Detroit, Michigan
    I ordered 6 Buff Orpingtons on March 4th from Mypetchicken.com. They should be here the week of the 23rd. I went to Destiny Farm in Brighton on March 6th and couldn't resist getting two Rhode Island Reds. I named them Molly (back) and Myrtle (front).

[​IMG]

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Songster

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

You will find alot of wisdom and help, here.
    Remember: build your coop twice as big as you think you'll need! [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Songster

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Yeah twice as big so it will be longer before you have to add on. [​IMG]

4. one_egg_at_a_time

one_egg_at_a_time In the Brooder

Feb 25, 2009
    Dade City, FL
    [​IMG] Glad you did. I am new also. I have had my guy 2 weeks now. I am having so much fun with them. And they get to be big birds So fast. Best wishes

5. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Songster

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    They are so cute! Welcome to the club. Raising chickens has been such a rewarding experience. Can't wait to see pics of the others![​IMG]

6. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Songster

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    Quote:This is very very bad. You know have 2 breeds of chicks and now there is no escaping. You are an addict you just don't know it yet. I have EE and Buckeyes and 1 lonely Old Enlish hen. I may be getting welsummer still thinking about it.

7. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Songster

Mar 31, 2008
    Molly and Myrtle.....love the names!

8. cub

cub In the Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Detroit, Michigan
    I know Chickapooh23. I have been addicted since July of last year and it didn't help finding this site in september. lol. I think I will have more by summer. See there I go. [​IMG]

I already have two coops that I am working on. One is a converted dog house 7'x4'x4" and a playhouse 4'x3'x5'.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  9. cub

cub In the Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Detroit, Michigan
    I got my BO's delivered today.I ordered 6 but got 8 healthy and active babies! I am soooo excited!!! My next breed will be Isa Browns.[​IMG]

This is Molly and Myrtle today.
    [​IMG]

10. melissastraka

melissastraka Songster

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I started with 6 in august of last year and now by the end of april i will have well over 100...it is really addicting! And TSC just got more today...darn and i have to go get feed too... [​IMG] Think anyone will notice if i only pick up 10 or 20?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: