I finished my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ncCHICKS, Oct 21, 2008.

1. ncCHICKS

ncCHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    I started construction October 3rd and am now finished!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I spent $97.54 in total for everything!!! [​IMG] supernice
    It's built with the run and coop stacked, since our yard is sort of small.
    I will have a garden around it come spring. Also I need to paint it.
    Walmart mistinted the paint. It was supposed to be John Deere green.
    It will be this color until spring though. It's 4x4x2 for the coop and 4x4x3
    for the run.

I am going to paint the run, but not sure of color yet (suggestions welcome on ANYTHING)
    Don't be worried about offending me, I know it looks crappy. It was built entirely by me, a 15 year old with NO skill in building.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Sorry about the fuzziness. It was like 37 outside and I was trying to watch the dogs and snap pictures. I have palruf up now, it's transparent white/blue. I will TRY to get pics up THURSDAY night.

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Looks good to me! Want to come to my house and build one? [​IMG] I was trying to fix an already built pen today and just broke it more. [​IMG] Guess I'll wait for hubby to do it.

4. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:I'm sure you don't want my "fine" engineering. I tried working with poultry fence and after getting scratched I threw it and grabbed the garden fence.

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Nice coop, I really like the coca cola nest box

6. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Thanks. Will that be good enough for when they start to lay. I took it out because they started pooing in it.

ALSO some updates. I took out the box. I raised their food and water (it's 4 inches high now) I have to cut out the egg door still. Also I got a shorter roost.

7. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    ncChicks- I think you did a fabulous job! Doesn't have anything to do with being 15 or using inexpensive materials... it's all about doing right by your birds and providing a safe and comfortable place for them to live. You should be very proud of your efforts [​IMG]

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    looks good.

9. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Great job. Isn't it fun to get it all together ?

10. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:YES.
    I called my mom in the middle of a meeting (oops) and yelled in the phone IT"S DONE and her boss said hello over speakerphone (i guess they were expecting a call)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by