I forgot to tell y'all about this.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Last week when me and DH were at Medoc Mountain about an hour and a half from our town I found this on a tree on one of the hiking trails.

Thought it was kinda cool. Except the fact that some dumby carved into a tree but oh well.

Edited to delete picture.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    There was another one that said the year 1892 but I didn't believe that one.

3. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Looks like some idiot just carving into a tree to me. If you want to leave a note, put a piece of paper in a glass bottle, don't deface a tree.

4. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Yeah like a said a dumby craved into a tree, I just thought it was cool that it said '69. You know because it was a long time ago.

You shouldn't litter with glass bottles either though. [​IMG]

5. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Has anyone ever noticed that the peace sign looks like a chicken foot in a circle???

6. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Hard to say if they wrote that meaning the year. That number has other meanings too. Someone carving a tree would be the same type to use that number in a dirty way.

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I don't want anyone thinking that I posted something that has a different meaning then it does so I deleted the picture. It never crossed MY mind that the carving had a nasty meaning. But then again, I don't think that way.

Just wanted to share but nevermind.

9. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Well honestly I would not doubt if it was authentic from 1969. Peace signs were everywhere and on everything. I thought it was neat and the first thing that entered my mind was "I wonder who did that and where are they now". Clean country mind here I guess....lol

10. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:You could that it was old by how much the tree had healed around it. I was thinking 1969 when first saw it and never once thought anything else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by