I forgot to write down when I set my eggs!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kbbeale, Nov 18, 2008.

1. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Now I have no idea when to expect them to hatch!!! [​IMG] I'm pretty sure I had intentionally set them so they'd hatch next week when my family arrives....but just a minute ago, I heard cheeping coming from the bator. What should I do? Go ahead and adjust the humidity and stop turning them....?

Thanks for the help.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If you already hear peeping, there is probably one that has pipped already. I would go ahead and stop turning them. You could raise your humidity to around 55-60% so they can hatch ok, but if you're wrong on the date, it shouldn't hurt them.

In the future be sure to write the date set ON THE EGG!! [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I did that once too. Now I write the date they went into the bator on the egg as well as on my "chicken calender".

4. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Thanks! I do see a pip already.....so hopefully they'll be ok. :)

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Well, at least your family will still have some fluffy butts to play with when they are there. If you can, please post pics of your new babies. [​IMG]

6. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Since I am on the internet so much (at work and home), I used Yahoo Calendar.
    I even had it send me a reminder to stop turning on day 18.

Works pretty slick.[​IMG]

7. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    You know, that's a really good idea about the calendar. I'm ALWAYS on the computer and I'm home all the darn time - so that would work great. Thanks for the tip.

I will post pictures. It's my first batch of serama eggs from my stock....I had to start all over again, after my blasted dog ate all but my serama ROOSTERS. It's like she knew to only eat hens? Whats up with that?

Dog's no longer with us, btw. She passed of old age a few months later.....[​IMG]

8. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahem. You've had plenty of time. Where are those pictures? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    LOL thats funny.....I did end up with three wee chicks. I'll get pictures of them tomorrow and try to figure out how to post them here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by