I found a bator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickensista, Apr 2, 2008.

1. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    I had lent it to a friend a while back - but don't remember her returning it. But I guess she did! Now I'm on the precipice - do I start down the path of incubating my own eggs...
    Its an older model, I guess. Hovabator 1582. I hatched a few geckos in it, so I know it works. :eek:)
    Oh, the choices. This is worse than picking a flavor at Baskin Robbins!
    T

2. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Go on, give it a try! You can't do worse than me!! And what a blast if and when they hatch!! But my advice is find some fertile eggs that don't mean a whole lot to you to practice on and figure out all the kinks that tend to come up. I have of course started with a bang, 50 eggs in the bator and it won't heat properly! So do a trial run with some cheap, free fertile eggs first!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got my eggs from ebay . Usually the sellers are more than willing to make you a mix of whatever fertile eggs they have.

4. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    yeah thats cool well youll have to let em know how it turns out . how very exciting its like christmas lol!

5. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    Well, I plugged it in. We'll see if it works(don't see why it wouldn't). Then I can always do a test with my eggs. BRxwhite silkie roo. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll order some eggs. [​IMG]

like christmas lol!

Lets have christmas year round! [​IMG]

BTW, thanks for pushing me over the edge, guys. [​IMG]
    Terry​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by