I found a cheap(er) bator...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beakkeeper, Nov 27, 2008.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    on MPC. Hovabator model #1602 for $54.00. Good price? Good bator?

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    That is the basic HovaBator Still air incubator. They are $ 45.00 at my local feed store but we are rural and who knows how long it has been on the shelf. Most people prefer the circulated air units. The small fan helps keep the air moving and it helps avoid hot spots. The circulated air units usually cost around 45-50 dollars more. Many people do fine hatching in the 1602 that was my first one like many others just starting out. It depends on how much you are going to hatch whether you would be better getting bit more reliable unit. The thing is make sure you do not scrimp on the Thermometer/Hygrometer. They will all hatch chickens if you can keep the temperature stable and the humidity in the correct range.

3. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    You can a brand new Hovabator complete with turner and circulating fan for around $127.00 at Hoover Hatcheries in Quakertown, PA. It is the large picture window model.

Price includes shipping and handling.

4. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    go on www.enasco.com. click on the incubators. they have a nice package that contains a hovabator circulated air nodel that comew complte with a turner for $100 a little steeper but i think u can get just the bator there too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by