I found a duck egg?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by faniebg, May 3, 2017.

1. faniebg

faniebg Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    Greetings everyone! 3 days ago, while walking my dog near the river in my backyard, I found an egg! I am assuming that it's a duck egg because there is a lot of ducks around my river, after researching a lot, i've started incubating it, today is the 3rd day and I have decided to candle the little treasure, as I am not a professional, I wanted to know what you guys think and if it looks like a fertilized egg or not, also if you have any tips and tricks for me it would be awesome! Thank you so much!!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    Im sorry to say, I don't "think" its. But I am not an expert! xxx sorry [​IMG]

3. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    Can I have a closer pic of "embryo"?

4. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    I could be completely wrong [​IMG]!

5. faniebg

faniebg Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    Thank you for you quick response! Yes give me one second I will post the pic xox

6. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    Sure! xx [​IMG] I going out so i might not reply for awhile , if that ok! xxx [​IMG]

7. faniebg

faniebg Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    In real life it really is like a black dot floating inside, hard to catch on picture but you can still see a little bit:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Hybridchucks

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    Homemade incubator?
    If so how have you made it?

9. faniebg

faniebg Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    Yes totally homemade in the meantime, I might order a small one on amazon but for now it does the job the temperature stays stable its just for humidity that im a little bit concerned as I spray the egg by hand and cant measure the % that way...

10. faniebg

faniebg Just Hatched

May 3, 2017
    Oh and I simply too a Styrofoam cooler with a lsmall heater in front of a hole carved on the side and I have a very precise laser thermometer to double check the temperature, I should maybe get a light bulb but as the temperature is pretty stable and the heater provides ventilation and I can control the intensity, I am wondering if I should or wait to order an incubator...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by