I Found A Hen...UPDATE!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdBoy88, Jun 11, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Today was so nice and i had nothing to do so i went fishing this morning.. and the river is right down the road from my parents house so i got my things and my bike an went fishing..
    i caught three 30inch carps!! [​IMG]

so after i caught the three carps i got all my things up cuz i had to bring the fish back to my parents and while i was ridin my bike through the path in the woods i saw this light brown thing in the bushes so i stop an got off the bike an walk to the bushes and it was a Chicken! a RIR mix with leghorn Hen and she was so nice.. i though she would run from me but when she saw me i started talkin to her sayin ( come here girl it's ok ) an she came right to me so i grabed her up an since i had her now i had to walk all the way home with the bike and fish..lol

she must have been hungry cuz soon i put her in our brooder pen she went straight to the food

i'm going to keep her at my parents for a week..and put up flyers if no one comes up in one week for her she's mine! and will stay at the farm house with all the others [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I bet thats the first time you caught a chicken while fishing. I hope no one claims her. She'll make you a nice laying hen. Good Luck with her.

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks lol yup it was so weird.. i was like what in the heck is a chicken doing all the way here in the woods like this

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Take good care of her, BB88-- The found ones are the best!! Congrats on those giant goldfish, too!!! What do you do with them??

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wow! You just had all kinds of luck today, didn't you?? I wonder if she got out or if someone dumped her? Congratulations on your find! Sounds like a beautiful chicken. Hope you post some pics!

Shelly

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    d.k :

* Take good care of her, BB88-- The found ones are the best!! Congrats on those giant goldfish, too!!! What do you do with them??

she's in the best hands ever i spoil all my animals..lol

thanks i thought i wasn't going to get any of the fish to shore cuz WHOA!! they sure no how to put up a big fight i though my line was going to pop but it didn't and we eat the carp..lol

I will be postin pics of the Hen i found this weekend when i get my camera back from my brother.. i let him use it while he went to miami ..lol​

7. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Nice double catch there! Carp and chicken! One of the things I love to do with carp is scale them and stuff them with a pine nut and currant stuffing and slap them on the grill. I usually melt butter and spread it along the skin with some seasoning and it comes out juicy and tasty! The only downside to carp is the amount of bones.

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Make sure not to get to attached, since there may be a owner out there. But before you hand her over you need to have them describe the chicken first.

9. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] Is this a "big fish" story??? [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Thats what you call surf and turf [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by