I found a way to stack more eggs into my Brinsea Eco 20!!

Quote:
I had over 60 of them hatch. I thought that was actually really good -- I'd been saving the eggs for about 4-5 weeks, and they were laid in an outdoor run. We had a lot of freezing nights back in March and early April, and a few nights it got as cold as 8 to 9 degrees, so I know some were frozen.

So, I was happy with the results. The double stacking didn't seem to bother anything, but I did have to be careful when they started hatching to make sure none of the ones on the bottom were trapped by eggs above them. I had to do a little rotating/moving, but overall it worked great.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently got 39 eggs in my Octo20. Those were all chicken eggs. I once had chicken & quail going & that was 58 eggs!
However, I find myself at that point again...I have shipped eggs & because the seller sent so many extras, I have over 30 shipped eggs to go in. That's no problem for me, but I also have 2 dozen of my own eggs I want to hatch. I know I can stack a lot inside, but if I still have stacked eggs at lockdown, can they still hatch ok? I think my best bet is just buy another incubator

hi, i would love to know how to get the first level of eggs save between the wires as the are ether to tight and tend to crack or to loose and keep rolling about in there

I just fit 33 in mine. I took out the metal guides and just put them in tight rows and then have 2 resting on top with my extra thermometer/hygrometer.
I figure there are are a few that wont make it so will adjust after candling.

Did you have any humidity or temp issues with that many eggs in there?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom