I found LOWE'S PLAYHOUSES in Indiana!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lilchick, Aug 19, 2008.

1. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Found me 2 in Warsaw In. for 74.75 ea. Had them shipped closer to a Lowes store near me and shipping is 48.00 for both! Cheaper than gas to drive there!
    They still had 6 left today...
    And there are 2 in Champaign Il for 149.00 ea. but will reduce to 125.00 if someone wants to deal with them....
    They don't show up on website but I spoke with manager and they do have them..... Good luck trying to get them to reduce the price further...
    I saw a pic. on here where someone put the 2 together and made one house.. I may try that....

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Did you find them by searching the Lowes web site or what? I've been trying that, but don't have the patience to keep it up! hehe

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Congrats on the steal! I had mine shipped from the IL store earlier this year. Was 99 bucks and shipping to WA was an additional 90 or so. Cheaper than the 400 they wanted for it locally. Wouldn't sell it to me for 99 here.

4. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Nope..I called my local Lowes store and they did a search for me!
    The store's sale rep. can find them even tho they are not always listed on their websites.....

5. orionburn

orionburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Quote:Hmmm....I called them and the lady said they had 7 seven left, but either way it's one less now that I have one awaiting my pick-up [​IMG]

Funny thing was that she was even like "Holy cow that's cheap! That's a $300 playhouse!" I told her about the frenzy on the forum of people trying to track these down....lol. I tried to order it online but the website isn't working at the moment. I can see the headlines on CNN tonight - "Chicken enthusiasts caused a crash of Lowe's server early this morning...."

I'm still a newbie to the board and don't really know anybody yet, but if it helps out I'm going down to pick mine up this Friday or Sat morning. I live around the South Bend area so if someone orders it and would like me to pick it up from the store I can, then you could pick it up at our house. Just throwing the offer out there.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  6. funky

funky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2008
    Winston GA
    use my coupon code 470010162606649 for extra 10.00 off valid until 8-28 one use per transaction....I posted this in another forum...I got my playhouse for 68.64 after tax last night from Anderson SC store:D

7. New2Peeps

New2Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am going to call this morning--of course the main Lowe's website is down. I built a little coop but I have looked for one of those for ages and it never hurts to have a spare [​IMG]

8. orionburn

orionburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I liked the comment in the other thread about creating a chicken village [​IMG] Unfortunately my girlfriend denied me the "building permits" to create it.

I'm planning on connecting this to our existing coop, using the playset as a home for the nesting boxes and then our other side for the roosts. Hopefully it'll turn out ok [​IMG]

9. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Anybody got pics of their little playhouses completed yet?
    ~Rebecca

10. VaM715

VaM715 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Fincastle, VA
    I snagged 4 of them this morning!![​IMG] There are about 10 within 30 miles of Roanoke, VA according to the website.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by