I found my stable!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by kinnip, Dec 27, 2008.

1. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a horse. Of course, the first thing I need is a place to put it. Today I went to see my future stable. It was beautiful. The stalls are 12' x 12' and padded. They open into a main corridor and into a couple of small paddocks. It's small but tidy and attractive. There's a nice break room with a bathroom, fridge, tv/vcr and heat and air. There are 4 pastures, some are very large. They have a hot/cold wash rack, an arena, some jumps and dressage letters, a round pen, woodland trails, good storage for tack, etc. Heck, they had everything. Full board with hay, feed, turnout service, mucking, watering, salt block, all the basics is only $300/mo. The owner is sweet as she can be and my instructor knows her other boarders. The cost of farrier and worming isn't included, but it still beats the other local barns. The best part is that it's no more than five minutes from my house. No wait... better than that is that they're all going to help me find a horse now!

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    YES! Good luck horse hunting! [​IMG]

I am really excited for you- yippee!

3. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    [​IMG]

4. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I share your happiness. I had to temporarily board my horse and found a "horse mom approved" place. It means a lot to find a place that you trust with your beloved beast, lol.

5. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    So true, especially for a good price.

6. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Has anybody any contact with SC's Marsh Tackies?

7. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    No, but I just looked it up and they seem super.

8. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Apparently, they are small, durable and easygoing descendants of horses the Spaniards brought here way back when. Rumor says they are well suited for swampy areas. There are supposedly 2 farms near me that raise them.
    If you want to check them out come say hi.

9. kinnip

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    If they sell for a pittance we're in business.

10. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    Congrats! Full board around here with all the amenities is twice that price. Good luck horse shopping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by