I found some FBC Marans

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mochicken, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    After the death of my new silkie pair earlier this week due to a new "gang" of raccoons in my area I began looking for something that would "warm my heart" I guess lol. I have always liked the looks of the BCM so I began searching craigslist and ran ads and got an email from a very sweet lady nearby ( about 50 miles ) that raises Wade Jean C-1 French feather legged Black Copper Marans, she is done hatching for the year and has sold off her extra birds but she has 6 eggs that she put under a broody hen to see if she can get me a couple chicks [​IMG]

I like the look of the BCM because they remind me of my BEAUTIFUL black sexlink birds, I love the black body with brown and gold head and neck feathers, the feathered legs are too cute too [​IMG] I also like the dark eggs but believe it or not its a secondary thing to me, I like eggs but I just like having different birds and raising them to be calm. I have 23 chickens right now and every one of them will allow you to pick them up and pet them and they will walk right up to you.

I will post pics of my new marans assuming her broody hen does a good job [​IMG]

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Good luck with your Marans, I have a few, and love them. Till they started crowing, but that's another story!!

3. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Lol I have a couple EE roosters already, one of which never stops crowing lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by