I found the cutest chicken...................

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by texaschickmama, Jan 22, 2009.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I went to the Family Dollar yesterday. I found the cutest rooster mugs, chicken curtains, chicken pictures, and chicken paper towel holder. I was so excited. The coffee mugs are my favorite, only $1 a piece. Of course, I had to buy 1 of each color. If you have a store around you check it out.

Please note that in no way am I affiliated with Family Dollar, other than being a frequent customer. [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hey! I'll have to go check our Family Dollar out. Thanks for the tip! [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] the Family Dollar we had here closed down several years ago. Those sound too cute!!!!

4. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    If they are the ones that come in red, blue, yellow and green around the rim and also have sunflowers on them...I have them too! They are my favorite...drank my morning coffee out of the green one this morning [​IMG] I bought all 4, then broke my green one and MIL found me another one and gave it to me for Christmas lol.

I got the tablecloth and material calendar there too! I don't have a Family Dollar near me though, so I can't check back there for more things, bummer! Hopefully MIL keeps an eye out for me when she's there.

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Hey, I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee out of my green one too!!! Guess great chicken brains think alike!!!

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I love Family Dollar, we actually have 2 out this way. I have started spending more time in Dollar General, too. Both places have some great prices on trash bags, dog/cat toys, cleaning stuff, oh and all the chicken goodies! [​IMG]

I'm going today I guess! Thanks for the heads up! [​IMG]

7. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    That is where I found a whole bunch of Chicken curio's and a Barred-Rock Planter for my daughters Xmas present-- and the same sunflower chicken mugs!

GREAT place to shop!!

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I am intrigued.... [​IMG] Pics?

9. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I bought some beautiful coffe cups there with roosters on them. They were made by Gibson! I just love them!

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I found cute chicken plates at my Dollar Tree. I had to go through them to make sure the chicken on the plate looked OK, some of them were a little "off" but still cute. Pretty colors too. $1 a plate - can't really beat that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by