I found the house I want to build but its to exspensive!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hypnofrogstevie, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
  2. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    monopoly money work?

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Lol! I wish. One day I will hit the lottery and get it. Or maybe go on deal or no deal and get almost all the money [​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I love that one too. Its much cheaper then the one I like.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess if you can afford to build either one of those houses, you can afford to hire someone to keep all those windows clean! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, why would you want a giant "white elephant" like that, Steve? It's beautiful, that's true, but can you say "conspicuous consumption", LOL? Do you plan to have 40 or so children to fill the rooms? Even if I had a million bucks fall into my lap, and as much as I love log homes, I'd stay right here probably. And if I chose to leave, I'd not build any larger house than I have right now (1200 sf or so). Now, land I'd buy for true privacy. People have forgotten the value of land as opposed to a huge house on a postage stamp lot.

Remember this old song with this first line?

Oh give me land, lots of land under starry skies above don't fence me in

7. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have 11 kids... My chickens lol. They will each have there own room [​IMG].

Seriously though I do like it alot but you are right. I saw a house last year when my mom was thinking about moving on the land and it was only $15,000. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. I been trying to find that catalog ever since but I cant.

I should of added that my brother dont want the 4 acres now. So that puts me up to 11 acres total. It has a stream the runs through it and I may rent a back hoe and build a pond for the duck and soon to be geese. Nobody wants the property because there are no jobs close by. My mom said that if I put out a $6,000 down payment she will take it off the market and I can make payments. Its been on the market since last november.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:AMEN to ALL of that! I'm glad I didn't have to say it.

btw.. 1100sf here plus a couple of porches.. works great, and although I may bump a room out for a bigger MB.. there is no reason to own, maintain, heat/cool or OWE on any more house than is necessary.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I do think it's beautiful, Steve, but it bugs me that houses have gotten larger and larger in spite of families getting smaller and smaller. They have to have a room for every function. Who the heck needs a livingroom, family room, AND a media room all in the same house? It's crazy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by