I found this on ebay about sexing eggs, what do you think

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Berynn, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Berynn

Berynn Cooped Up

Oct 13, 2007
    I want to tell you about something most of us did when we were kids and we forgot about it. I did, until last week, and I could kick myself for not thinking of it sooner. I am so tired of raising chicks just to find out they are over 50% Roosters, NOT ANY MORE! I have made this device that you hold above the chicks head or body and within 90 seconds you will know if it is a male or female, mark that little booger and move on, take the ones you don't want and give them to the kid down the street for a pet and be done with it. I am so sure this works that if you can't sex your chicks I will refund the purchase price when you return the item in it's original condition. If you have 2 hands you can use this device otherwise get an assistant to help hold the bird and you are still good to go! No more buying straight run from the feed store, no squeezing to make them poop, no hanging them upside down or by the neck, no going by the comb size, no waiting to see if it develops saddle feathers, get the job done while it's piping! You can use this on any type of chick, peafowl, pheasant, pigeon, quail, duck, goose. I have a barn full of extra Peacocks because I wanted at least a pair and of course the breeder claimed he couldn't tell at a younge age so you buy 4 or 5 to make sure you have a trio, So you end up with what you wanted, like that works! when you need a mate for your bird and all you can find are juveniles you don't have to get stuck with the luck of the draw, restrain that little bird for 30 seconds and you will know if you want to buy it or not. I realize some people may feel foolish doing this but for the money in feed it will save it is worth the few seconds people will be saying "What are you doing?". I have been at fairs and overheard people say "I want a pair of baby ducks, can you tell if they are a pair"? and the owner saying "sorry, at this age I can't tell" Well I can! And so will you if you purchase this, fit in your pocket, handy device. Exact written insructions will be included. I made these, so they are a bit crude looking, I am working on a better template but they work, that is the part that matters, but don't expect some manufactured perfect looking device, It's all work in progress! If you have any questions feel free to contact me before buying my item, and thanks for stopping by!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I think it's like the old time snake oil.....a waste of money.

3. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Have you ever had kids? Did you try the ring test? Tie your ring to a thread...hang it over your stomach....by the way it swings you'll know if you have a boy or girl. Same concept. If you really wanted to try it just use a ring tied to a thread and save some money [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Its buyer's beware [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Agreed.

6. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I doubt it works whatever it is. I had 3 ultrasounds and EVERY old wives tale trick under the sun say I was having a baby girl... I had boy.

The lady at my feedstore uses the ring and string method and says she is about 80% accurate.

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Sounds like a farce to me.

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    SCAM

9. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote:And see, it DOES work -- you DO end up having a boy or a girl! [​IMG]

LOL

Don't believe everything you see on eBay [​IMG]

Pat

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Flip a coin. There's a 50% chance of being right...or wrong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by