1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I gave Hope a day to be thankful for.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hope (my rescue from last week) got her first time out doors today!!!!!! She got to feel her first rays of sunshine in months. first thing she did was go for a dust bath. Her hensaver did not survive for more than a minute or two.

[​IMG]

So off it went. It was 60 and sunshine, I figured she would be ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She adored it outside in the garden. She is doing wonderful. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving like my Hope did.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

What a truly uplifting story.

Imp

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    How wonderful! She looks very very happy! Thank you again for saving her! [​IMG]

4. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Oh, what a wonderful story for Hope. Poor baby! Thank you for sharing that. Happy Thanksgiving!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What kind of hensaver is that? If you need a real one, let me know. She deserves a classy dress!

6. [​IMG] it was a really nice one with cool chickens on it and stuff. UNFORTUNATLY she wouldnt wear it with the pattern side up. It freaked her out. So I flipped it over to the plain brown side and she calmed down. It was way to long for her, so i had to cut it. She is such a fashionado. lol. I need to come up with some kind of 'sweater type that will cover more of her for when it gets colder out. I bought a yard of felt and a yard of fleece to make one, but it hasnt been so successful yet. I am using my other hen with a bare back from 'Bird as a model.

I still can not believe how good she is. She lets me pick her up and carry her around like it's something she has done forever. She lets me put her under my coat and sticks her head out like 'hey world check out how spoiled I am!' For never being handled and stuff she sure doesnt act like it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Well, now it's obvious-she wants your coat!

8. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by