I gave in :/

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mommto3kiddos, Oct 22, 2011.

1. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I finally gave in and tried to candle my little eggo.. Let me just say I stink - I soooo did not see a darn thing... BUT the egg I tried was "heavy" to me and felt like a hot rock in my hand... (props to broody momma on keepin them warm)..

Now for the stupid question of the day.. In my attempt to candle the egg I turned it a couple times and then after placing it back under the broody thought "oh no could you harm or kill the chick moving the egg upside down and around too much".. I mean I wasn't shaking it or anything just tried different angles to try and see movement.. [​IMG]

But I learned my lesson and I will not be attempting to candle again..lol Guess I just have to wait these last 5 to 7 days out!

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Well the good news is, if it's that far along and you couldn't see anything that probably means it's all full of developing chick!

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    BE sure to post pic when she brings them out!!

Honestly, I have not candled the eggs under my broody. Going out a night isn't my cup of tea. Besides I can't change anything to change the outcome. THey have the best posible incubator-- a broody BO.

Waiting is so hard to do . . . .

4. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Pics when they hatch!! If you don't mind!! xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by