I gave my 3 month old turkey a shot in the thigh, now he's limping

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenzoo, May 31, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

My turkey was sick,, so i gave him shot of Tylan 50 in the thigh muscle, shallow not deep. I did not want to try the brest. After awhile he started limping on that leg and has done so for 2 days now. Did i hurt him severly?[​IMG]

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm starting to feel like people don't like me or something. Everytime I post something I hardly get an answer if at all:( Any one else out there know about this......anyone?

3. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I feel your frustration as well. Do not take it to heart, thats what I have decided to do. My posts rarely get answered also.

I have never given a shot in the thigh only in the breast. And never in a turkey only a chicken. May be you hit a nerve. Is the leg swollen? Is it bruised? I pray someone will come along with a better answer for you.

DeeDee

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone. I don't feel any heat or see swelling,he just limps. I've given it before to my other chickens,turkeys,emus but never had a problem. This has been a bad week and this is just the icing on the cake. thank you for trying to help me.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by