i gave my baby chicks a moth

BellLisamo

Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis
10 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Tombstone, AZ
Funniest thing i ever saw, they love to play football. So entertaining. Cute cute cute!!!

Anyone else give their chicks live bugs?

We brood on our back porch usually it's screened in but not very well.. anyway.. or first ever batch of chicks caught a moth on their own when they were a few days old... and when we saw that.. I swear my husband started hunting moths... those chicks must've eaten pounds of moths in their first couple of weeks.

it was the CUTEST thing ever.. your right!

I do alot of ice fishing so I have mousies, spikes, and bee mothes most of the winter. My 9 yr old daughter gave the chicks a few to start w/ then ended up giving a hole dozen to them...........They loved them...Great protien

We picked some crickets up from the pet store ...been giving a few at a time to our 26 8 day old chicks...its absolutely insane!...so fun to watch!

oh how fun. its so great. my daughter who is 3 1/2 just laughs and laughs. such cute little babies. man can those little things run fast!!! and jump high!

I like to give them bugs that give them a run for their money, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying thingies from our pasture. when they chase a grasshopper it is a gas.

AL

Last year one of my baby chicks found a fallen feather that once belonged to my parrot, Goober. The feather was bigger than the chick, but he ran around savagely playing keep away from the other chicks. He did NOT want to share! He tried to eat it, but obviously couldn't. I have it on video, it's so cute.
big_smile.png

I went outside and got some oak leaves to put into the brooder yesterday. There was a baby cricket in the leaves. It was so funny because this one baby RIR spotted the cricket and as the cricket crawled up the box and out of reach, the baby RIR didn't take her eye off of him. I can imagine what my dozen would do with a regular sized cricket in the brooder box hopping around.

Back
Top Bottom