I gave my girls the poops... :(

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by fishnet1971, Feb 13, 2012.

1. We had some really cold nasty weather here in Ohio over the weekend. Thought I would be nice and made them some warm mash to enjoy. I mixed in some 'vitamins and electrolytes' stuff into the mash. I figured that they could use the extra 'boost'. They have been looking and feeling so SKINNY the last few weeks. They get scratch and goodies, but they are still skinny. Healthy, but skinny.

Well, I dont think that was such a good idea. Next morning everyone had the runny poops. REAL runny poos. I feel so bad. I gave my babies the runs. Sorry to sound so gross. Went right back inside and made them a dozen scrambled eggs and brought them some yogurt.

Poor babies. Next time the stuff goes into the waterer like it says to do. [​IMG]

I dont deserve to get any eggs this week.

2. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm sure your girls are fine. Since it was so cold this weekend I gave my girls some boiled veggies and spaghetti noodles. I don't have a big flock only 10 birds so they tend to get spoiled. Next time just leave out the electrolytes :)

3. yup. no more electrolytes in food. just wasnt diluted enough I think. They gave me the STINK EYE this am when I went out. Guess I will be doing a good clean out today. YUECH!!!!!!

We are such sappy chicken owners.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by