I gave up, so she did too! CHICKENS! GRRRR!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Nov 15, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Awhile back I posted about how I have spent two years trying to break one of my light brahma hens, Jezebel, from sleeping in the nestbox. Every night for two years this battle has raged.

Shortly after I posted I decided to stop fighting her and let her sleep in the box if she wanted to. I went out that night, saw her sleeping in the box, she saw me seeing her in the box. Don't know what she thought when I left without removing her.

Do you know that after that night Jezebel has not once tried to sleep in a nestbox again?!?!? Every night since then she's been on the roost with the rest of the chickens.

Chickens!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sounds like she did a good job training you!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Yeah, but what are you gonna do about it? [​IMG]

All of mine (Well that's 3) have decided to start sleeping in the buckets. It's cute, I'll have to get pictures.

Imp- Does Jezabel have a cell phone? Maybe she's corrupting mine? [​IMG]

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I took her cell phone away because she was running up huge texting charges, sending Thor pics of her eggs. [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:I took her cell phone away because she was running up huge texting charges, sending Thor pics of her eggs. [​IMG]

Oh! Good idea,
    Calling T mobile right now.

6. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    She says;

Sheesh, didn't you see me waiting for you to place me on the roost last night!

I had to do it for myself!

Moms old rooster used to wait for her to put him in the secured boxand lock him up at night by waiting on top of it.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:My Lil'Bit, a dark brahma that was recently killed by a hawk, was partially blind. She couldn't see to get on the roost at night, so she always waited by the door for me to lift her up. She'd repeatedly peek around the door to watch for me. When she saw me coming, she'd jump down out of the coop and come running to me.
    I miss that. [​IMG]

9. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    I went out that night, saw her sleeping in the box, she saw me seeing her in the box. Don't know what she thought when I left without removing her.

i don't know why, bust this made me bust out laughing!
    i imagined you two staring at each other with the theme from a clint eastwood western in the background.
    [​IMG]

sending thor pics of her eggs!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by