I get a breeder coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 30, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm so excited, I get a breeder coop. DH has totally given in and decided that I'm hopelessly incurable and might as well let me have my wish. I was going to build a 4 X 4, then thought I'd build a 4x6 as a prototype for a new coop to sell. Then I decided to attach it to the existing coop that's 8 x 8 so I'll make mine 8 X 4. I'm working on how I can justify 8 x 6 though. [​IMG]

I'm thinking if I really want, I can subdivide it and have to groups of breeder [​IMG]

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

You know 8x8 would be really good. If you have it standing out on its own you could have 3 runs. [​IMG]

Tonya

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Hey thats a great idea. My DH is builing an 8x8. HUM

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good going, Deniece! We had 8x8, then added 12' to that for 8X20 then used half the shed for another 8x8 that features a nursery coop section and a broody pen section, then did the cute hexagonal coop. Oh, yeah, just keep on pushing, LOL!

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Well, since I'm building it, I could make some dimensional errors. Being a drafter, I've been known to put my decimal point in the wrong place a 100 times or so. Nobody would suspect [​IMG]

I have an 8x8 for my layers (that I'm going to sneak a few more into.) Then I have a 8X6 brooder/nursery coop already. This will be the third. [​IMG]

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, it seems that an 8x8 is called for here! It is much more versatile and you will want to ensure that there is no possibility of overcrowding! [​IMG]

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    If you go 8x10, then that gives you more room to store your feed and stuff.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    anything 8ft is easy to build because you won't have to cut the boards [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by