I get to crow!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by fairwindminishetland, Feb 24, 2012.

1. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    We get to crow today about our good hatching day! I had 14 shipped Langshan eggs in the bator. And to this point have 3 splash and 4 blues! And I see some more pipping....What cuties they are. I'll post pics when I get them out of the bator. These are to be all blue/splash....

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    OH that's great! Congratulations! I've got Buckeye large fowl eggs in lockdown right now. Seven eggs, one chick out, three more pipped.....I'm glad I'm at work right now, or I'd be obsessing over the incubator all day long......LOL

3. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    Yes, it's hard not to run to the incubator. NOw at 9 chicks! Where did you get the buckeyes from? I sold my barnevelders to a man also looking for buckeyes....

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I bought a trio of show quality Buckeyes last year at the Ohio National Poultry Show, so the eggs are from my trio. I'm hoping to expand my flock and maybe even sell chicks or hatching eggs. There is a Buckeye thread going, and I'll bet your friend could find someone there.....I'm just a beginning breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by