I get to KEEP them!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sangel4you, May 12, 2009.

1. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    So our 5 leghorns had been pretty much unsure of their future as my landlord decided he didnt want chickens on the property...so I had been looking for a home and or a place that I could keep them and still maintain them...things were looking pretty bad like I might have to give them away...when we talked to our last chance today!!! And she said we can keep them in her barn! Not exactly what we were hoping for, but I can make it work...we're just going to build a pen inside one of the old milking stalls up off the ground a bit to keep things out and it's got PLENTY (almost all of the windows are knocked out) of ventillation but we're putting it near a window that gets light most of the day and we're just going to build a small coup inside that. They won't get much REAL ground but I already give them lots of veggies, etc so I think between they hay, and the bugs in the barn and their feed and veggies (and they LOVE cheese) they'll have plenty. I'm SOOOOO happy! And she even said if we added a roo to our flock that would be ok! yay!

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    [​IMG] That's great!

3. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

awesome!!! [​IMG]

4. sangel4you

sangel4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Halifax, Pennsylvania
    yep thanks! :-D I get to continue to give my girls loving!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by