1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I get to TEACH again!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixiechick, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so excited! I am a principal at an elementary school and have been needing to "teach" again....finally, St Leo's contacted me today to ask if I want to teach this summer (soon-to-be-teachers to the practice).

I cannot wait!!! I LOVE my job but miss to the "trenches" of teaching!!! So I will be Principal by day, adjunct professor by night.

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    congratulations, that's great news

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    That will be FUN!! I loved having student teachers in my classroom! So full of energy and ideas!!
    GOOD LUCK!

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Congratulations! Teachers rule! [​IMG] (Of course, I might be just a little biased...)

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Congratulations!

7. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    You will have the BEST time! I love teaching grad classes at night to teachers in my district. I'm a literacy coach by day.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awesome... Literacy coaching is what I want to do next... I'm in grad school for my K-12 reading certification right now, and I'm a part of our ISD's Literacy Coaches' Network. We all get together every few months for training.

9. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I'm finishing up my 4 years of training through the South Carolina Reading Initiative. I will be 3 classes short of my EdS. I'll probably go back in the classroom next school year because of budget issues, though. I miss the kids so I will be happy either way. I have two schools right now--they keep me busy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by