I got 2 more goats .Have more questions

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by adorable, Feb 8, 2009.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I got 2 mixed pygmy yesturday. They are suppose to be pregnant. But because they are new to me. They really dont look pregnant. Except i see some bagging going on. But not much . Tried to take pictures of their behind,they didnt want that . Just there fronts only.One had a baby last year. THe other one is her first time. They had a buck with them.This will be my first time have babies also. I will keep on try to get the pictures. They are not big on their sides. One .It dosnt look pregnant. SO i guess i am going to wait for 3 weeks if they dont go into heat. Then i guess they are pregnant.After having a baby last year. the udder dries up.Is there a little bit that hangs from stretching .I know it sounds dumb. But i am new. I can see a bag but it isnt hanging to low. Does this makes any sense. [​IMG]

2. Thunderhill

Thunderhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    North Alabama
    If you have bag making...even if it is a little, then yep..they are preggers.
    They generally start filling the bag a little at a time about a month before kidding.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have one who should be due in March that has a very small udder but doesn't look pregnant other than that. She is a FF, so I don't expect her to have a bunch of babies. I'm thinking a single or maybe twins.

4. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    ok.GReat so i should have some babies in 3 weeks to a month. Hoping.[​IMG]:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  5. Thunderhill

Thunderhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    North Alabama
    Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by