I got 2 new chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ezbird, May 15, 2008.

1. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Here's salt and pepper, I know there cochins but thats it.

And my poor D'uccle got attacked by an alley cat in the neighborhood, hopped over my 6ft fence. Thank god I reached her in time, she recooperating right now. A little damaged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tony [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Your new babies are cute [​IMG] I hope your D'uccle gets better. They look happy to be in the house.

3. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Yeah, they were getting comfy on the carpet.

My D'uccle was spazing out after I got the cat too let go of her. She had puncture marks around her chest and thigh area and couldn't walk. I couldn't loose her she's my favorite. But after a couple of days she's able to walk but doesn't have the energy that she use too have. I just hope she can gain her strength again. Almost made me cry...

Tony

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Did you try some vitamins in her water? I have read where after a few days they snap out of it. Post an update on her tomorrow.

5. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Nope I didn't give her any vitamins in her water. I'm just going to let her heal naturally. But she is getting a little better each day. I saw her skippping a little towards the chicks today. And she's drinking water and eatting on her own now. She just takes alot of naps throughout the day and night. Even when I have her out in the yard with my chicks.

But I will tomorrow.

6. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    So it took about a week for her to be back to normal. In some ways I'm glad it happened cause she is totally trusting me. Which nice to see in a chicken and people say chickens are dumb animals, not this one. Anyway, thank god she made it. I couldn't deal with losing another one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by