I got 3 new ducks today!! **PICS**

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mommyofthree, Oct 30, 2010.

1. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    I was talking to the hubby and he gave me the go-ahead to get more ducks, we currently have 2 ducks and 10 chickens. I found an ad on CL, a lady had gotten 3 ducklings for her kids this Spring and they live in a trailer park. Well obviously people found out and the ducks had to go. Probably a good thing since they didn't have a real coop and neighborhood kids would pick on them, throwing sticks at them etc. [​IMG]
    They're a bit skittish which is fine. I know they will love it here, we spoil our flock and they've got a big coop and run and 3 acres (mostly fenced in) for them to free range on. Here's a pic of my newbies, I'm already in love. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Glad you were able to rescue them. Looks like you have a drake and two hens. I have gotten several free "easter" birds or once they grew up the kids didn't want them anymore its sad really.

3. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    It is sad, I wish people would make sure they can keep their pets and properly care for them before they get them. I was about to order ducklings when I looked on CL, I'm glad I could take these guys in instead!! There are 2 hens and a drake. I'm not sure how well my 2 current female ducks will like having a boyfriend but we will see, lol.
    The owners were very nice and wanted to make sure the ducks went to a good home. They weeded through several people and chose me. And they dropped off the ducks so they could see where they would be living. It's sad when a pet has to be rehomed, but I really appreciate it when people are responsible and care enough to make sure that the animals go to a good home, instead of giving them to the first person that wants them.

4. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:love

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely looking ducks...wish I could find some Pekins on CL in my area hehehe

6. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Beautiful ducks! Sounds like they will be happy, spoiled duckies!

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Im sure they will have a much happier time now they live with you - they do look very healthy. It good to hear that they were advertised and not dumped though... While it is sad that this lady bought the ducks without having the proper living arrangements for them- she has allowed her kids a great experience- living in a trailer park must be difficult and to experience raising those ducks must have been great for them. In the end she has done the responsible thing by choosing the best home and delivering them too so she could make sure they have a good new home - it shows she really did care for them and have their best interest at heart in the end.

8. dawnjoennikki98

dawnjoennikki98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    New Jersey
    They are beautiful! Cute that the drake is the smallest.

9. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    They are beyooootiful!! Congratulations!!! I also love it that the boy is the little one heheheheheheh!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by