I got 5 eggs today!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Feb 26, 2009.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 5 eggs today!!!!! [​IMG] From my 4 of my hens and a pullet. I don't know which one. i have 6 pullets that are ready to start laying. I'm so eggcited!!! [​IMG] I missed having fresh eggs from my flock. Pretty soon I'll have 11 layers. 5 hens and 6 pullets. At least they'll start paying for their feed. The past few months I had too buy chicken feed and eggs. Yuck!!!! Store bought eggs are the most digusting stuff that I ever eaten.

I can't wait until it's spring, it'll be easier to collect greens for my birds. They LOVE wild strawberry leaves.

Plus when it's spring I'm going to buy grass seed and grow grass in the run for the chickens and let it get estalblished before I let the chickens out onto it. They love grass.

When I have time I going to buy more hay from my feed store to fill the nesting boxes and some for the run.

Well see yah later. Just wanted too tell you my good news about the eggs. [​IMG]

4 Love of Baby Chicks

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Congratulations!!!
    I love finding eggs every day; the more the merrier!

3. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Congrats! I was away when my chickens started to lay, unfortunately. I enjoy collecting the eggs- it's allways exciting to find eggs in the nest/

4. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Thanks. One of the eggs that I get is sky blue!!!! She is an Ameraucana or a EE. I don't know which? [​IMG]

5. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    It sure is eggciting! Congratulations.
    Do you save the pullets eggs for easter crafts after carefully getting the yolk and white out?

6. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Naww. I use them for good eatin' and to sell to help pay for their food. I tried to with Marshmellow's first egg but I couldn't figure how to do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by