I got 8 new babies

freshegg

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
greenfield,ma
I got these all 3 weeks old females locally.
1 white rock
1 speckled sussex
2 light brahmas
1 silver laced wyondotte
1 gold laced wyondotte
2 black star

Do you think they will get along? Are these good breeds or are some known as having bad habits (fighting,egg eating or mean to the humans)

I have heard just the opposite of the Brahmas...if the ratios of hens to roos is right, they don't fight much. I think they should all get along, especially being the same age. Are they all from the same place? I researched the breeds carefully because I didn't want them to be aggressive with each other and I wanted them all to be friendly. Of the 13 I have coming 2 are GLW and 2 are Light Brahmas. One is a mystery chick that could be a roo but he would be the only one. I'd like to have a LB Roo as they are quiet crowers and quite handsome. I think you made good choices.

Go to www.mypetchicken.com and use their chicken selector tool with the default options and you'll get a list of birds, each with descriptions and personalities. It helped me, as did the descriptions at www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/index.html. I hope this helps you out.

PICTURES???
tongue.png

I got a huge assortment last year-27!
I got:
6 black astraulorpe
6 s.s hamburgs
4 white wyandottes
2 gl w
1 sl w
2 red star
1 buff orp
1 lt brahma
3 rir
1 turken
they all get along very well except they do practice pecking order-the ss hamburgs are at the bottom

Back
Top Bottom