I got a baby goose!!!!!!!!!

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
She (I really, really hope!!) is SO cute, and BRIGHT yellow. way more neon than my cornish rocks that came with her... she has webby feet, and I got her a little KC duck to keep her company. Instantly, Mrs goose, a senior buff saddleback pomeranian, came right over and hissed and got all excited, so I put baby goose on the ground to see what she'd do (while watching and standing very close, in case things got mean), and Mrs goose was SO protective! She tried to eat my cat, who was wandering over to see what all the fuss was about, and she followed tiny goose, and wouldn't let anyone else near her. but she didn't try to sit on her, or keep her warm, so I popped her back in the brooder, where she's napping right now. SO CUTE. I bet in a few weeks Mrs. Goose can take over. I'll take pictures after I mow the lawn. Oh She's a chinese goose, hopefully a future mate of Mr. Goose.

Very cute!
love.gif
Have fun with your goosie.
big_smile.png

VERY good idea
smile.png
Little Goose can hold her own body heat in a week or two, at least by one week depending on your weather. I'd let her and her adoptive Mom visit several times a day. Geese have terrific memories. I gave my adults four week old goslings (this was in north Idaho in early spring, brrrrrrr). Just keep them from any pools of water until the gosling has spent a few days snuggling under the mama's feathers for that extra waterproofing.

Back
Top Bottom