I got a Bantam Special... and I ordered chicks last week too!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CrazyAnimalGirl, Aug 16, 2010.

1. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Songster

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Help! I'm going to be living in the chicken coop soon! I placed my first chick order a little over a week ago. Came to be 14 chicks. I got a Serama pair, one silkie, 7 teenager partridge silkies and a white cochin-statue in the mean time. I have eggs in the incubator but its gone from 18-4...[​IMG] I have a pregnant adopted cat who seems like shes been pregnant for years!

And I just ordered the Ideal Bantam Special! I've lost my mind!![​IMG] And .95 cents each!![​IMG]

But my 4 dogs looooove the chickens and of course I do too. (they keep the dogs entertained!) My current flock is mostly indoor chickens. With diapers and big parrot cages. Even though I have a huge coop/run and free-range yard.

I've definitely gone mad! Anyways, anyone have some Bantam special babies too????

And no eggs yet either! So much for "But they lay eggs and eat the bugs!!" [​IMG]

2. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Go you!! I am guilty of ordering more and more and more eggs, and chicks and whatever I can get my hands on. Enjoy those banties!

3. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Songster

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Haha! It's sad isn't it..... One day they may make a law. I read the other day someone saying chickens were going to go extinct! They must have been high.

Looks like i'm going to have to have a chicken swap soon. They are going to be so cute though!!!!

When I made my first order, I slept for 2 hours the nite before they were to arrive at the post office! Hopefully I can do better this next time. I'll still fly out of bed when I get that phone call!!! [​IMG]

What chickies do you have???

4. silkydragon

silkydragon Songster

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    i got bantys from the ideal special they where the smallest bantys ive ever seen now that they are adults they are half the size of my sebrights i got oegs cochins and something else but it was a ruff start when i ordered my silkies from meyer i picked them up 10/10 survived but there is bad news attached 10/10 where roosters and i was trying to breed them to sell then when i made money from breeding them i was maybe gonna move up to buying/selling showquality back on track with ideal ordered 25 chicks 5 arrived dead my heatlamp fell in the brooder and roasted 4 of them and for some reason they where loosing toes they where warm enough and everything just lost toes idk why but they where only .99 each so im not complaining im just probly never ordering from there again may never buy stuff from hatcherys again since bantys cant be sexed and i ended up with all roosters with my silkies lol ppl are always wanting to buy them but walk away when i say they are all roosters

5. CrazyAnimalGirl

CrazyAnimalGirl Songster

Jul 28, 2010
    West of Atl, Ga
    Man! You sound just as unlucky as me. But if I have all roo's, ill trade or get more pullets! hehe

There was a dang Crested Special today and I almost had a fit. They sold out before I could get to them though!! (thank goodness lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by