I got a Cochin Roo Today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenranchwife, Feb 22, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello everyone, a month or so ago James had his cochin roo's for sale, and I bought one. I just got him in the mail and he's doing just fine. I took the black one. He's so handsome.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    love the green shine!!

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Wow!! He's very handsome. He must be pretty healthy to be as shiny as he is too. [​IMG]

4. chickenranchwife

He is so funny to watch, I will probably add him tonight to the hen house. His crow is very high pitched and pretty.

5. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Make sure you keep him quarantined, for a while. Anytime you add to your existing flock you should keep them seperate for a while. I have 2 buff cochins and 2 blues. They are cute to watch with their fluffy feet. I can't tell from the pic is he a standard cochin?

6. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    He sure is handsome.

7. chickenranchwife

He's a bantam roo. I suppose I could put him in my brooder box downstairs, but if he's healthy why should I keep him away from the rest of the girls?

8. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    I've always read on here when integrating any new chickens they should be quarantined. You never know about diseases. You wouldn't want your existing flock wiped out. Do a search about it on the forum and then use your best judgement.
    He sure is a looker! I've always wanted black cochins they have a beautiful iridescent sheen to them, like black Langshans. And cochins are hilarious when they run. It's a wonder they don't trip over their own feet!

9. chickenranchwife

I let him strut around the kitchen yesterday morning after I got him and he was a hoot to watch. He even got up on my table. Then I had to put him in the brooder box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by