I got a Dutch Shepherd......kind of long.....now i am having to rehome

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickenlittle1980, Jul 18, 2010.

1. chickenlittle1980

chickenlittle1980 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    So i was surfing the net the other day and somehow i came across and add on criagslist asking if anyone had lost a Mal mix (it was in another countys animal control) I called animal control and said it was a Dutch Shepherd not a Mal. I told them if she it need a home please call me back......I have been after a friend for a while for one! So they called me back and the next day i drove out there to look at her.....Skip to the end some how i came home with her and 2 beagle puppies (foster babys)

So my friend who had been calling me forever finally got me on the phone..and told me he found me a dutch....... I was like why would i want one of those...wink wink.... so after much talking we discoverd that this dog i have ( i named her storm) ....this is where it get hard to follow........ He sold the daddy of storm to some guy...my buddy was to get a puppy back... so when my buddy went to get his puppy the guy (from what i gather told my buddy that he wants to get rid of the 6 girls... When my buddy found out how i got my dutch and what animal control said.... (picked up as a stray) he called this guy back....... As it turns out this turd to put in nicely drove the 6 girls around to diffrent places away from his house and just dumped them off.. then as it turns out the turd went out back and shot the sire....sigh ... Storm came to me knowing sit down and out..... I hope my buddy learns to be careful who he sells dogs too! He said that it is funny how i ended up with a dog out of his bloodlines.......anyway.... I told him that she will be with me until she dies of old age and oh she is getting fixed in a few weeks the bloodline stops here.

So this poor pup if you call her that is about 1ish or 2 ish and has no fat on her body i would say 20 to 30 pounds under weight. Boy does she have a story to tell! This what i have to say STUPID PEAOPLE SHOULD NOT BREED!!!!! she goes to the vet tomarrow lets hope she is HW neg. I will try yo get some pic of her as soon as i can find my camra:cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

What a story!
    Just googled Dutch Shepard, beautiful & slighty scary looking dogs. Congrats

Imp

3. chickenlittle1980

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    I hope she will get along with the rest of the pack.... make some doggy friends no big deal if she doesnt..... it would just be great for her after all she has been through!

4. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    You can try like heck to screen the heck out of people when you sell puppies... but you can't make the buyer honest. People lie.

5. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    Beautiful beautiful dogs!!!!! Have personally known one and he was amazing!!! Bonded to his owner (one of my best friends) in such an amazing way after being a rescue. Loved that dog.

6. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow, What a story! Also, I just googled them and they are beautiful dogs! Congrats! [​IMG]

7. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Congrats! So glad she is in a happy place now. They are such little firecrackers!

8. chickenlittle1980

Apr 15, 2010
    NC
    I am now having to find her a new home...... She is so not getting along with my other dogs...this makes me really really really sad! I have spent the whole day Crying more or less... I will be calling dutch rescues in the morring..... I was thinking i could just keep her away from the others but that juat not seem fair. I hate that she is not going to work out.... cause i really really wanted a dutch.... But i am glad i pulled her out of animal control.......Thats a start right?

9. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    What do you mean "not getting along with"? Thats pretty vague. Is this an issue of improper introduction? Did you just let the dogs run together right away? Don't give up....might be some resolution to this if you get some help with it.

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    What a freakin' sociopathic moron! Dutch Shepherds are fairly rare-can't believe that this guy would SHOOT the stud dog. I'm sure rescue would have taken him in. I have Belgians which are related to the Dutchies, and years ago looked around online for one. There were none that I could find.
    People just make me want to [​IMG] sometimes. I'm glad that you at least have one of the pups, and can find a good home for her. They need a home that understands the breed, but hopefully with the help of rescue, you can get her in a good one.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by