I got a egg today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Guess what!!! My Red sexlink Penny laid me a beautiful brown egg today. I guess I better git some hay and fill one of my nesting boxes so that she doesn't git in the habit of laying on the ground. After 3 monthes of yucky store bought eggs finally I can have yummy fresh eggs from my chickens. 3 cheers for Penny!!! Hip, hip, Horray!!!!! (Say it 3 times please). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG]
    congratulations!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats! After you fill the nest boxes with hay, add a few golfballs or plastic easter eggs (filled and glued shut) in there too. She'll get the idea.

4. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Got a few easter eggs in my room. I'll put them in the box soon.

5. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Congrats! Gosh, I just don't know what we'd do if we had to go back to store eggs. No wonder you're excited by Penny's first egg.

6. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Not her FIRST egg. She just started laying again. She layed for a few weeks after being broody. Then she quit on me. I've got another hen that'll start laying again and a couple pullets that'll start laying in a few weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by