1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

I got a egg today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Guess what!!! My Red sexlink Penny laid me a beautiful brown egg today. I guess I better git some hay and fill one of my nesting boxes so that she doesn't git in the habit of laying on the ground. After 3 monthes of yucky store bought eggs finally I can have yummy fresh eggs from my chickens. 3 cheers for Penny!!! Hip, hip, Horray!!!!! (Say it 3 times please). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG]
    congratulations!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats! After you fill the nest boxes with hay, add a few golfballs or plastic easter eggs (filled and glued shut) in there too. She'll get the idea.

4. Got a few easter eggs in my room. I'll put them in the box soon.

5. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Songster

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Congrats! Gosh, I just don't know what we'd do if we had to go back to store eggs. No wonder you're excited by Penny's first egg.

6. Not her FIRST egg. She just started laying again. She layed for a few weeks after being broody. Then she quit on me. I've got another hen that'll start laying again and a couple pullets that'll start laying in a few weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: