I got a haircut

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, May 18, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    And IDK if I like it, my hair was past my shoulders, and very easy to maintain. This is short... OMG short.... The lady didn't cut it how I wanted. I will post a picture of what I showed her in a bit. Be honest, should I get someone else to fix it? She was supposed to cut it this length, but not like it's cut...

[​IMG]
    Heres what it looks like

What it's supposed to look like. I know it would be different, but they are NOTHING alike![​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It looks like the cut is right, just no gell or hair spray. That gal in the pic did not do that without gel or hairspray or some kind of hair products!!!!

3. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    I think it looks good. But if I gave a photo to someone at the salon to do my hair a certain way, and they said they could do it that way, and then didnt.. I wouldn't have paid them.

4. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    If you wanted your hair to look like the picture you should of had her style it also. That way you would of known how to go about fixing it yourself when you got home and for the furture. Also that way you would have known it was the right cut before you left the salon. Go hide in the bathroom get some products out & play with it for a while. See what differant styles you can come up with that you might like. All in all it doesn't look bad on you as is. Your just not used to it yet.

5. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Please don't get mad, I've been here before too. No, it doesn't look anything like the pic, your stylist didn't even bother to style it for you either! [​IMG] Your best bet-get some products and try and work with it, the length is cute on you!! You'll be able to make it work, it just won't look like the picture. Find a new stylist or tell your current one you're not going to pay next time if it doesn't look like the picture. Myself, I wish stylists would be upfront and say "I don't know how to do this", rather than cutting it and us being unhappy. Good luck!

6. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    i like the cut(personally i have short hair too;) ) anyway, it looks like your hair is a bit shorter than the pic you took in. Don't worry. You still look nice with the cut you got. i agree use some different types of hair product and see how you feel about it. I played around with my cut for quite a while.. now, it just is limp looking. i don't have time to style lol:)

Sue

7. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I asked them, do you know how to do this, and showed her the pic. Oh yeah, thats EASY! This IS after she styled it, that's why I'm a bit put down, especially after fighting dad to let me get it cut short, that it won't look like a boy, and that's exactly what it looks like. [​IMG]

8. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    The front is definitely shorter than the pic you showed her. Also her hair is thicker and that cut has alot of texture in it. Now you won't get quite the depth without a few highlights or lowlights. But you can style it with more zest than your stylist did. Just get your mouse, hair spray, and get in front of the mirror and play with your hair. It's gonna take you time to get used to how to work with it.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    The front will grow out quick enough...you just have to add some texture/volume to it with styling products and it will be fine! YOu are VERY lucky lady! you have nice healthy hair...i have a frizz ball on top of my head! [​IMG]

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'd love to give ya my opinion but the wife reads over my shoulder and I don't wanna get the bif twang to the side of the head [​IMG]

Love the do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by