I got a new book!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
We have this outfit that sells books and other items at schools every couple of months, they are called Books Are Fun. This time they had the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving 400 delicious and creative recipes for today. It was $10 for this big beautiful 448 page book, so I got one,, now I'm just dying to can something!!!!

great deal! I love canning. I love eating my garden stuff in the middle of winter more.
wink.png

thumbsup.gif

Nice thing abour the book is that you don't have to can what you make. You can make enough for a meal...the recipes are great!

Good idea!! I'm also going to pick up some extra copies next time they come for some Christmas presents. I don't think I'll find a better deal than $10 for a big hardback book like that for my gardening buddies. Of course,, that is if they don't raise the prices,,,,,

Quote:
This book taught me everything I needed to know about canning. Great deal and I too would pick up more copies for friends and family. There is a very long post here call "What are you canning now?" If you have looked at it before take a peek - lots of good ideas and inspiration.

Sandee

I have the Bernardin Complete Book of Home Preserving: 400 Delicious and Creative Recipes for Today

I wonder if it is the same book?

If it is, the fresh vegetable salsa on page 203 is very good and the strawberry lemonade concentrate on page 192 is killer.

Back
Top Bottom