Angeline: the Bad Bun Chronicles

Pics
The rural king near us has a vet listed by the rabbit area. I know you're south of here, but maybe a rural king nearby might have the same info? It's worth a shot. However, the local rural king is under new management. The live animal section is in wonderful shape and under good management as well.
I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw the sign. 😁

I showed her to some rabbit people and they were so completely horrified when I said she was going to be fixed.

She is stunning compared to most of the crappy rex that I saw at the show.
I've never done shows, so I don't even know what kinds of things the judges look for. I do know she's a beautiful bun 😍

What does a rabbit show consist of? You come, drop your bunny off in a cage with identification. The judges come along and inspect all the rabbits. Do you have to tell them anything around your rabbit or is it written down somewhere? What kind of stuff do they judge?

What does a rabbit show consist of? You come, drop your bunny off in a cage with identification. The judges come along and inspect all the rabbits. Do you have to tell them anything around your rabbit or is it written down somewhere? What kind of stuff do they judge?
You preregister, bring your rabbit, they call the class "open self rex to jimmy bobs table" (open= youth or adults, self= solid colors with no pattern, rex= breed, Jimmy Bob is the judge) and you put your rabbit into whatever hole they point to.
The breed will be judged first by Variety (colors and patterns) and within their variety the judge will pick the best Sr Buck, Sr Doe, Jr Buck, Jr Doe, then he will pick the best of their variety, that'd be the BOV. He'll do this with all varieties (colors and patterns), then he'll put all the BOV on one end of the table, he'll pose them all over again, and the two best will be Best of Breed and Best Opposite Sex, so one buck and one doe win.

That's just one of two, then after those two shows ALL breeds of rabbits will go against each other and there will be a Best In Show (BIS) rabbit. You could get three legs in one show if your rabbit is BOB in the first two shows, and then BIS, if you get three legs on a rabbit it gets granded. A grand champion will be worth lots of money. Many people only get one or two legs on a rabbit, BIS is a huge deal.

20211203_140910.jpg

Back
Top Bottom