Angeline: the Bad Bun Chronicles

Pics
I do not think Treble is eating enough hay.
I'd really hate to limit his pellets but if he's supposed to be eating a lot of hay each day and he's not do I go ahead and start limiting his pellets?

I think I'll just wait until he's at least 6 months old before I limit his pellets.

I'd really hate to limit his pellets but if he's supposed to be eating a lot of hay each day and he's not do I go ahead and start limiting his pellets?
Angeline doesn't eat that much hay either. She just doesn't seem to like it She has some kind of orchard mix hay. I would say she eats less than half.

20210915_164127_1_1.gif

She's cute😆
She is! She follows me around until she realizes I don't have any food for her. 🤣
Is your foot taped up because of your encounter with that thumb tack?
Yes, I made this gif a little while ago, so it's not taped anymore. I just forgot how to put a gif in my post so I hadn't put it up till now. I've done it before, you would think I would remember. 🙄

I think I'll just wait until he's at least 6 months old before I limit his pellets.
I don’t even try to figure out how much hay Niven is eating. She has so many feeders it is impossible to tell. The easier option is to monitor their poop. If you see cecals in the litter box, soft poops, tiny poops, or super dark poops, your bunny may not be getting enough fiber and you should try cutting back on other foods so they eat more hay. I know I have given Niv too many greens if I am seeing a bunch of teeny tiny poops in her litter box.

I don’t even try to figure out how much hay Niven is eating. She has so many feeders it is impossible to tell. The easier option is to monitor their poop. If you see cecals in the litter box, soft poops, tiny poops, or super dark poops, your bunny may not be getting enough fiber and you should try cutting back on other foods so they eat more hay. I know I have given Niv too many greens if I am seeing a bunch of teeny tiny poops in her litter box.
I imagine it would be hard to know if she had a bunch of feeders. Angeline just has one. Whenever I put hay in it, she pulls it all out, spreads it everywhere, then eats out the pieces she likes, which doesn't seem to be a whole lot. Her poop looks fine though, I guess I won't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom