1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Got a New Chicken!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cluckychick, Aug 10, 2008.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    And she came with 3 little babies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think she is a barred rock?? I have no clue what the babies could be but the fuzzybutts sure are adorable [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is in the barn in her own little quarentine pen. I will leave the babies and her together for 4 weeks and then pull her out and start introducing her to the big girls. I assume this is the way I should do it, any suggestions appreciated [​IMG]

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Super cute! Love the little babies!! [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I see a barred rock and EE chick, but not sure of the 3rd one. Congratulations!!!!!

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

she's definitely barred rock, one baby is br, one baby is maybe EE? and 3rd baby not sure... whatever they are, they're just TOO cute for words! Hope your new BR girl and babies have long healthy happy lives!

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    She looks like a barred rock, but the leg color is throwing me...

6. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Thank You for the replies. She really isn't black and white barred like all the pics I've seen of Barred rocks, she is chocolate in color with stripping, odd. I think she's just your typical barnyard mix but she is pretty to look at when she isn't staring you down saying "GET AWAY FROM THE BABIES". I was so hoping for an ee, so now I just hope its a little girl ee'r, lol. [​IMG]

Will she calm down while the babies are with her? I want to be able to play with them so they are use to us but she won't let us near and when I open the pen she goes to the back and the babies go with her. I probably need to seperate alittle earlier than 4 weeks so I can get some 1 on 1 time with the little ones??

7. candyd

candyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Corinth, NY
    Congrats! and they are very cute! [​IMG]

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    How sweet! Good luck with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by