I got a new Mini Mancha!! **PICS POSTED**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jenlyn9483, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to announce that I have a new doe. A one yr old Mini Mancha. 1st Generation. Dad is Lamancha and Mom is pigmy. She is tiny like my ND Clarabelle, just not as hefty..Is more dainty like the LaManchas. She has Lamancha ears and Big Ol' Doe Eyes. Her name is Olive and I cant wait til its Daylight enough outside to go take some pictures for you all. I got her on Sunday. My feed store guy gave my fiance a sticky note with this ladies phone number on it that said free goats when he went in to buy chicken feed on saturday. I had no idea what kind of goats she had. I was very pleaseantly surprised to find out she had a LaMancha Buck (I love them, havent had any since I was a Kid) A nubian Doe and a Pygmy Doe. The Nubian had a 1 yr old doeling and the Pygmy had 1 yr old Triplets, A buck and 2 does. My doe was the smallest of all of them and had never been bred. My friends got the Nubian (a gorgeous girl with a beautiful bag and teats) and the moma Pygmie (who looks to be dropping kids again any second). My other friend is going to get the Nubian/ LaMancha Doeling. The lady was a mail carrier I guess and was planning on moving out of state due to the drop in pay around here. Her husband was already working out of state. The goats had a Huge pasture with their own little playground and were all very spoiled and well taken care of. The lady never milked any of them, just had them as pets.

Oh btw, I still had my ND stud over here, I was just fixing to send him home. It seems he was successful at breeding ClaraBelle (my ND Doe). As soon As I brought Olive in he went straight to her and started breeding her. The bucks not going home til Monday so by that time Im sure Olive will be expecting. So ClaraBelle will be kidding on March 17 and Olive will be around April 2nd. Im sure I will be having great fun this spring! Can't wait to see what my itty bitty babies will look like! Oh and its becoming apparant that AnnaBelle my Ober doe was already bred when I got her. Her belly is growing by the day and the buck has been over here for almost 3 weeks and has shown no interest in her. Im thinking Anna might kid in January based on her size, It could be february. We will have to see. And I have NO idea who daddy is so It will be a surprise.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!!

3. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Awww sweet! Looking forward to seeing her pictures.
    [​IMG] Mitzi

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats all around! You are going to have a great Spring!!

5. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    OK Here is the pics I took this morning of Olive

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Too cute! Congrats!

7. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Aaawww. She's so cute! She looks like she's wearing boots!

8. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I guess im just doomed to have only Brown goats, LOL

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Awww, she is really cute! My minis are 2nd and 3rd generation, and they are bred to a 4th generation buck. Congrats on your new girl!

10. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    She was the tiniest one, she's the same size as my ND doe. She will be bred to ND buck so her babies will be Mini Mancha/ ND. Should be interesting. It's going to be hard not to keep any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by