1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

i got a new top hatch incubator for FREE!!!!, ***PICS*** updated

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Apr 5, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    well here it is, it is doing pretty well, i will post ya'll to keep ya'll updated on how the temp is, i got it free from my mom's work friend, he is going to go into the quail business............. the light is shutting on and off [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

2. paddock36

paddock36 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] I'm never that lucky.

3. Free is good! I hope it works well for you!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

A friend of mine called it The Disco-Bator because of the sound and light, LOL. Congrats! Free is always good.

5. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    yep i know,,,, i never got lucky like this before,,, today after school me and my bro were on the front porch, and he said "what is that on the porch swing?" i didn't know what it was, i actually guessed it was a dehydrator before i opened the top, i saw the inside of it and instantly realized the it was a brower top hatch incubator, i started screaming and i thought it was a dream i guess i was just lucky, and also today i had an art reception at an art center nearby, and i got 1st place there

6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Songster

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I am borrowing one just like this. The light flickers when it is about up to temperature. WE have a sheet on top of it to darken the room a bit. I ordered a 'tower' that will protect (hopefully) the chicks from the hot light bulb (60W). You can download instructions to go with it in Brower.com. Good luck with it!

7. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Seriously figure out now what you're going to use as a little sweater for it. I thought naahhh I don't need one my house is constant in temperature. I was wrong lol I used a beach towel with hair clips [​IMG]
    btw FREE is awesome!! [​IMG]

8. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i think i am having a problem, the fan and egg turner motor are turning off, and when i pick up the incubator they turn back on, but they go off, is this a fluctuating thing, i dont know?????????

9. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i see what kind it is,,,,

10. sawmane1

sawmane1 Songster

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    nothing is free... It'll break and cost you money:( Not to be a downer) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by