1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got a phone call

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vickie2133, Nov 8, 2011.

1. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    So I got a phone call from some neighbors a few miles away. They asked me if I wanted some chickens. Well you know what I said, of course, when do I need to come after them. So I go over there and apparently they had a skunk get into their coop last night and it killed a bunch of little chicks and attacked two hens and a rooster. So they shoot the skunk and was ready not to deal with anything else. They had trouble with coyotes and skunks in the past, so this was like their third flock. I told them I really didn't need another rooster, (only got probley 7 lol), but they said they all had to go together. I asked how much and they were giving them to me. Not bad huh. So I paid my two of my boys to round them up and I ended up with a brown leghorn, and 6 white leghorns, and a rhode Island red rooster. Not a bad day I figured. Seperated them from my others, wormed the new chickens, and tending to the skunks attackes on the rooster and a very naked Henny-Penny.

2. remuda1

remuda1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Granbury, Texas
    Score!!!

3. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    They are all ready to start laying too. My mom lives with us and she said don't answer the phone no more lol, you will have to build a bigger coop lol. You know I would answer it though.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Awesome call!! You done good!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by