I got a photo at last of my quail eggs! plus shots of my avairy.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by smallbluejellybean, Dec 17, 2009.

1. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Hello, this is my avairy this morning. I final got a photo of my eggs the button quail have been laying.
    [​IMG]
    Here are some of my baby canaries just hatched. Not a great photo - they nest right up the top of the aviary.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a quick photo of my flock.
    [​IMG]
    Here's one of my 3/4 grown baby canaries.
    [​IMG]
    Here's his mother. Daddy is a blue canary. His sister is cinnamin like mother.
    [​IMG]
    I am not a great photo taker, so sorry.
    They were all running around waiting for their breakfast.
    Today here in Australia its Friday - egg, nut and coral lettuce day (their favourite) plus the quail get their meal worms today.

I think I lost 6 eggs yesterday [​IMG] unless they are buried under the others.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Every nice group of wild color buttons.

3. 2ndtimearound

2ndtimearound Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2009
    Omaha
    [​IMG] Can you show us a picture of what the whole aviary looks like from the outside? I'm looking for aviary ideas for my fiancee.

4. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Thanks citalk2much. Nice to hear from you again.
    All three girls layed together. All three tend to the eggs and Cuddles their only male grooms and guards the females. He really likes his girls.
    Sorry that I am not a great photographer, I try.

Here is a photo I took of my aviary the other day. Edited this for the photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I cleaned it yesterday and figured out some better feeding dishes and water containers. They whole bottom floor now is empty except for a large planter base with river sand and their morning extra's dish (breakfast). Rap is still there. Shelf is gone as I didn't need it when I put in the new water containers. They are very shallow especially for the quail. On the upper shelf I put in the larger water dishes for the canaries because they love their baths.

P.S. forgot I have also put removable 7mm wire frames on the bottom and for the door. Hopefully to keep any baby quail from straying out.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    From the looks of the picture I would say they have not made a nest yet when or if they choose to built a nest it looks like a tiny chicken nest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by